LGBTJOBS.CO.UK is a trading name of YourvacancyLimited and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. “Personal Data” is information that might help identify you as an individual, such as your name, contact details, IP address or CV.
We are focused on the protection of your personal data and privacy, so please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting using our website www.lgbtjobs.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR, the data controller is Yourvacancy Limited of Braythorne House, Church Lane, Stainburn, North Yorkshire, LS21 2LW.
How do we collect personal data?
1. Data you give us
Most of the personal data we collect is provided freely by you when filling any forms* on the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
*An example of a form is at registration: when you create an account with us, you submit your name, your email address and your CV. These are all pieces of personal data we collect and process. If you do not wish us to collect and process this type of data, then do not submit it when using our services.
Other pieces of data you give us includes information you provide when you enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website.
2. Data we collect about you
For each of your visits to the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website, we will automatically collect the following pieces of data:
· Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform; and
· Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Cookies (see the section about cookies further down)
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data you give us or we collect may include the following.
From your LGBTJOBS.CO.UK account, it may include:
· Your name
· Your contact details: address, e-mail address, phone number
· Educational background and employment history
· Skills and professional qualifications
From a job application, it may include:
· Your CV
· Your job application details
From when you respond to a marketing email, it may include:
· Answers and preferences submitted to a survey
· Answers submitted when entering a competition or prize draw
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website.
2. What type cookies do we use?
We use the following categories of cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into any secure areas of the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website.
· Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
· Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
3. Cookies and third parties
We use third party tracker and data analytics service providers including Google Analytics to help us to understand how people use the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK Website and our services.
Purposes of data processing
The data we collect and process serves the following functions: web development, marketing customer service, finance and business intelligence. Each one of these functions entices several purposes of processing data, detailed below.
1. Web development. This includes:
1. Using LGBTJOBS.CO.UK (allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so);
2. UX customisation (personalising and customizing your user experience of the website, like your personal dashboard, or our personalising the emails you receive);
3. Online applications (filling out the application received by a recruiter when you submit an online application);
4. Product management (improving existing or developing products and services, which includes research, troubleshooting and testing).
2. Marketing. This includes:
1. Email targeting (sending you targeted emails about jobs or news that might interested you). These emails are sent based on your email subscription preferences, if you have unsubscribed from these then you will not receive them.
2. Advertising (measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you)
3. Customer service. This includes:
1. Account management (managing your account details, including login credentials, registered preferences or history of purchase if you are a recruiter);
2. Contact and queries (processing any contact or query received by email or phone, or notifying you about a change in our services).
4. Finance. This includes processing payments and credits, as well as prevent fraud. It is only applicable to recruiters.
5. Business intelligence. This includes data analysis and website analytics, statistical and surveys purposes, as well as research.
Other uses of the data include:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and products that you request from us;
· as part of our efforts to keep the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website safe and secure;
Legal basis for the use of your data
We rely on the following clauses as a legal basis for the collection and processing of your data:
Some of the personal data we collect and process is done with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send you a marketing email if your email subscription preferences indicate you are willing to receive such emails. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See more information about your rights to withdraw consent further down.
2. Legitimate interest
We also process data when it is in our legitimate interest to do so and when this interest is not overridden by your data protection rights (see further down for more information about your rights).
Our legitimate interests ensuring that the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website is operating effectivity and that you (as a user) can make use and benefit of all of its services (e.g. browsing or applying to a job, posting a job, getting notifications and recommendations about jobs you may like, etc.). It also includes ensuring the security and integrity of the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website.
Full details of all our legitimate interests are laid out in our data audit which can be viewed on request.
Finally, LGBTJOBS.CO.UK may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations e.g. preventing, investigating crime or working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share it with? (third parties)
LGBTJOBS.CO.UK may share your data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. Access to personal data within LGBTJOBS.CO.UK and Yourvacancy Ltd is strictly restricted to those individuals who have a need to access the information for our business purposes.
LGBTJOBS.CO.UK may also share your data with the following selected third parties:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we may enter into with them or you; and
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website.
How do we store and protect your data
Your data is securely stored and kept inside the European Economic Area (EEA) using access controls and encrypted passwords.
We will regularly review our retention of your personal data and delete any personal data which is not necessary for us to retain. Your data is stored according to the following retention schedule:
1. Retention schedule
1. After 5 years of inactivity, candidates’ personal data will be anonymised. Activity of a candidate includes: logging-in into the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website, creating a job alert on LGBTJOBS.CO.UK, opening an email, contacting us online, applying for a job online on LGBTJOBS.co.uk.
2. After 30 years of inactivity, recruiters’ data will be deleted. Activity of a recruiter includes: logging-in into the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website, opening an email, contacting us online, downloading the LGBTJOBS.CO.UK rate-card, posting a job on LGBTJOBS.CO.UK.
2. Retention cessation. If you request to delete your data, then the data will stop being retained and deleted or anonymised immediately.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to LGBTJOBS.CO.UK; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
International transfers of personal data
Though LGBTJOBS.CO.UK is based within the United Kingdom and is subject to GDPR, there are instances where we may send information outside of the UK, EU or EEA, due to the nature of LGBTJOBS.CO.UK (a job board) and the technologies required (transmission of data via Internet), your data may be transferred to a destination outside the EEA.
What are your rights as a data subject?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by submitting a written request to that effect to email@example.com.
Furthermore, if you believe any of the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate, please tell us so we can correct it as necessary.
You always have the right to request for the deletion of your data. We have a formal process which we will follow if you decide you would no longer like us to retain our data. We will follow our usual customer service response and be in touch to confirm we have received the request in less than four business hours (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm). Once the request has been received, it will take 7 business days for it to be completed. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request deletion of your data.
If you are unhappy with the way your personal data has been processed by us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office through their sitewww.ico.org.uk.
The LGBTJOBS.CO.UK website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this policy