Van Pac Operator
Location : Wellingborough
Salary : £9 - £10 Per Hour
About The Role
IWJS are looking to recruit a Van Pac Operator to work on our IWJS Contract in our Wellingborough Depot.
IWJS have been working for the waste water utility sector since also the very beginning in 1977 so our experience of cleaning assets on sewage treatment works is probably second to none. We have dedicated special operations teams who are chosen specifically to deliver high risk projects like large digester tank cleans where the working environment can be deep, very uninviting and potentially dangerous. IWJS have over 40 years’ experience of delivering sewer services, waste management and industrial cleaning to essential infrastructure services across the UK – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As the Van Pac Operator your duties & responsibilities will be:
- You will be required the assist the HGV Operator when you are conducting your day to day duties.
- To achieve works outputs in line with the depot managers daily instruction
- To work on the Van Pac's and to assist with jetting works in and around the business.
- Make effective use of safety equipment, particularly personal protective equipment, and not to tamper with or effective a repair to any equipment provide for safety or requiring defined competencies.
- Comply with Safety Inspectors or Investigators requests
- Undertake work as per instructions of the depot manager and as per training, documented safety systems and quality, environmental, safety and health standards
- Communicating to depot manager of any identified equipment defects, non-conformities, incidents (injury / damage / Close Call / Hazard Observation) or Work Safe Refusal to Work on Safety grounds.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Good working knowledge of highways and drainage systems
- Prior experience of working in a similar environment but not essential.
- Strong communication skills
- Operations of High Pressure Water Jetting and Drain Cleaning
- Awareness of NRSWA Chapter 8
- HGV Class 2 Current full driving license
- Confined Space Entry (Medium risk)
- NRSWA Chapter 8 SLG
- Manual Handling Awareness
- CSCS Card
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You may be required to work outside of your core working hours
- You must also be able to work within a confined space
What’s in it for you?
- 20 Days Holiday Plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org