Location : Vancouver, BC
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team of Technology Services professionals. Our TS team supports Relic’s development and administrative teams by ensuring that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently, both now and into the future.
As a Technology Services Systems Administrator, you will…
- Provide support for systems, networks, storage, and infrastructure
- Assist the team with security projects
- Install and configure back-end hardware and software
- Be available for after-hours/weekend support as required
- Work on ad-hoc department projects and tasks, both collaboratively and independently as needed
You are a great fit if you have…
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Windows and Linux server experience (eg, Windows Server 2016 MSCE, RHEL/CentOS)
- Office 365 experience
- Professional experience with IT security best practices (eg, setting up computer access policies)
- Firewall experience (eg, Palo Alto or Cisco)
- Experience with SAN/NAS enterprise-level storage management (NetApp preferred)
- A working knowledge of networking (eg, Cisco, Meraki)
- Experience with virtualization (eg, VMWare or Hyper-V)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A proven ability to deliver tasks to meet expected quality and timeframe
- A desire to learn and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience with source control (eg, Perforce or Git)
- Software development experience, particularly in the games industry
- Experience managing a technical project
- A passion for games!
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, HARDlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.