Male Support Worker
Location : Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
Salary : Up to £9.10 per hourt
We are recruiting a Male Support Worker for our Floating Support Service in Middlesbrough. Here, we support people with a learning disability and/or mental health needs within their own home or out in the community. This may include support with domestic tasks and home maintenance, emotional support, social inclusion, financial management with paying household bills, shopping and cooking. The floating support service spans throughout the Middlesbrough area with a radius of 5 miles. We currently support over 30 service users, with the hope of expanding.
Creative Support is a non-profit provider of person-centred support for people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, physical disabilities and other support needs.
Support Worker Duties:
• Providing personal care, and practical and emotional support to people with a learning disability/mental health needs
• Identifying and accessing opportunities for social inclusion with service users
• Working with service users in a recovery-focused way, in line with their individual support plans
• Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users
• Assisting the line manager with the day-to-day running of the service
The position is open to graduates, experienced practitioners, and people looking to start their career in social care. You must be warm and able to work in a person-centred way. A full driving license is essential for this role.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment that challenges and encourages personal and professional development. Creative Support has obtained an Investors in People Silver status, and you will receive ongoing training regarding the service user group you work with and regarding changes to the law governing social care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours teams
Mileage expenses will be paid between support sessions.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
‘Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010’