National Account Manager
Location : Londonn130 Shaftesbury AvenuenLondon, nGB
With iconic brands like John Frieda, Bioré and Curel, the Premium Consumer Division offers consumers skin and hair care products of the highest quality for the best product experience. For thirty years, the John Frieda brand has been dedicated to developing products that perform and are fuelled by an understanding of what makes each individual hair type unique. Whether brightening blonde, banishing frizz or boosting volume, the John Frieda brand offers specialised, transformational formulas to our customers.
We are now seeking a highly commercial NAM with excellent negotiation skills to join the Sales team focusing on the Grocery Channel. This is a hybrid working opportunity with core office location in the West End of London. In this role you will be tasked with building customer plans and financial forecasts for customers and executing financial objectives on an annual basis while developing and managing customer relationships with buyers; .Being highly action orientated, you will contribute to customer strategy ensuring local Kao business objectives are achieved to ensure Kao’s brands win at the point of purchase. Hardwiring best in class commercial processes and capabilities, you will be committed to enriching and improving the total UK Mass business.
What you will do:
- Deliver/exceed budgeted Net Sales, Trade Spend and Marginal Income of Kao’s brands within account on an annual basis
- Lead the development and delivery of a Joint Business Plan with the customers to ensure delivery of the mutual KPIs
- Overall Continuous improvement – identify opportunities for efficiency and profitability and overall improvement in the management of the Customer
- Collaborate with our internal marketing, category and shopper marketing teams to formulate customer specific brand activation plans that will drive online and in-store fundamentals and presence of our brands in line with the Grocery Success Model
- Lead the development/maintenance of a best in class professional commercial relationship with all accounts that enables Kao to have a disproportionate influence with the customer and thus maximise business growth and opportunities
- Preferred experience in developing and managing online strategies and channels
- Contribution to Kao UK – Contribute positively to the total UK mass team via multi-functional project based work – continual improvement
What you will need:
- BSc/BA Hons degree or equivalent – 2:1 or better
- A min 3 years experience in an account management / retail facing role in FMCG environment. Experience managing a major retail customer
- Health & Beauty and Grocery retailer experienced preferred
- Experience of managing complexity
- Experience in managing a business with P&L accountability
- Proven to be effective and efficient in managing multiple stakeholders to deliver sales and growth
- Experience in developing and managing Online strategies and channels
- Demonstrated capability at driving the customer’s agenda within the business and working with syndicated data (e.g. Kantar, IRI)
- Strong Commercial Awareness and Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrated capability in forecasting and financial analysis
- Leadership – Driving your agenda with the customer and within the business
- Strong collaboration and teamwork are essential, Strong Communication skills
- Relationship builder with impact and the ability to impact and influence across functions
- Proven success in managing a number of projects to tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities
- Enthusiastic with both their work and within the workplace
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 13 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/emea/en/