Indirect Commercial Strategy & Planning Manager
Location : Londonn130 Shaftesbury AvenuenLondon, nGB
Reporting to the local Channel Strategy & Marketing (CS&M) Manager, the key function of this role is to implement the commercial plans delivered by the Regional Delivery Team to optimize success within the Indirect Salon Sales Channels of the local market. This role will be accountable for the local implementation of the commercial sections within the regional initiative toolboxes, alongside delivering specific local market activity to drive top line and bottom line growth. Collaborating with the Regional Delivery CS&P team, the person in this role will identify and execute opportunities to deliver base business growth and an optimized Indirect Sales Team. This role will rely on close collaboration with the local marketing and education teams to ensure a harmonized multi-functional initiative calendar is delivered and executed within the market across the Indirect Salon Sales Channels.
The Kao Salon Division brings the Kao vision for making life beautiful and enriching lives to salon owners, stylists and their clients around the world. As each salon client is different and every stylist unique, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of products and services across our quality brands Goldwell, KMS and Oribe.
What you will do:
- Execute the commercial sections of the local initiative calendar for the Indirect Salon Sales Channels. Provide commercially profitable local plans, in line with the global and regional strategy, that deliver Net Sales and Business Profit growth through increased horizontal and vertical distribution.
- Lead local deployment of commercial sections of regional toolboxes linked to the local initiative calendar for the Indirect Salon Sales Channels including translation of materials into local language(s) where relevant. Demonstrate strong leadership and communication across the business to enable best in class execution in line with the Regional Delivery team’s guidance.
- Define, in partnership with Regional Delivery Team and Local Sales, country customer trade terms and promotions for Indirect Salon Sales Channels, within global strategy. Management of total discounts to ensure no increase in combined trade terms and promotional discount beyond aligned annual targets.
- Lead annual budget process for the Indirect Salon Sales Channels to create robust building blocks across brands through bottom up planning. Collaborate with marketing, finance and demand planning to ensure multi-functional planning and assumptions behind each building block. Utilize sound financial analysis to track performance on a monthly basis and identify risks and opportunities as part of the monthly business tracking process.
- Lead analysis of the local Indirect Salon Sales Channels to measure key success drivers. Analysis to include KPI’s linked to sales force efficiency, key targets for horizontal and vertical distribution and results against initiative targets. Produce recommendations to improve performance based on the conclusions drawn.
- Collaboration with Regional Delivery CS&P team to give local commercial input, providing insights on market trends and sales force requirements. Key point of contact within the local market to provide feedback and forecasts on forthcoming initiatives for the Indirect Salon Sales Channels as per the Regional Delivery team’s guidance.
- Regular contact as needed with the local sales teams to ensure closeness to the individual needs of each part of the function. Time to be spent both in sales meetings and with the customer on field visits.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2-4 years of experience in the Professional Beauty environment preferred
- Experience of working in a direct field sales role preferred
- Luxury, Professional Health and Beauty Experience an advantage
- Influence – Envision and influence the local Direct Sales Team to execute deployed plans with excellence and robustly track results
- Collaboration & Leveraging Multi-Functional Resources – working across functions within the local market Delivery teams to coordinate efforts and tools to deliver against identified priorities
- Customer strategic alignment/execution – ability to make choices on key projects which will have the highest potential for business return, especially as it relates to NPD choices
- Communication – ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, clear priorities and progress tied to business results in common format across geographies
- Strategic Thinking – ability to analyze, understand core areas of opportunity and develop holistic plans to execute change and bring about improved performance/results
- Systems – comprehensive knowledge of business intelligence software and Excel are required
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 15 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/emea/en/