HR Business Partner , Molton Brown, Retail
Location : Londonn130 Shaftesbury AvenuenLondon, nGB
In this role as the HR Business Partner for the Molton Brown retail population, you will be responsible for being a trusted business partner delivering business goals with our people. Key to this role will be working with leaders and employees, to attract, identify and retain diverse talent while enabling the business with the right HCD (Human Capital Development) expertise, initiatives and tools to achieve business results. We are committed to creating a culture that increases employee satisfaction and engagement by building a positive employee journey and as a vital member of the HCD EMEA team, you will be execute HCD initiatives as well as making proactive recommendations to create a corporate culture in which our people can thrive. To be successful in this role you will be a real change agent and play a key role in driving and leading change within both their client group, the wider organisation as well as within HCD.
We are open to applications from across the UK: Remote/ Hybrid working
What you will do:
- Primary Business Partner (BP) for designated client group under the direction of Sr Manager – Responsible for delivering the HCD EMEA Strategy within client group inline with the businesses strategy. Using HR expertise to identify needs, make recommendations and provide strategic advice to meet business goals.
- Ensure tools and resources available within HCD are being utilised and maximised. Learn and develop knowledge cross functionally to support fellow BP’s.
- Employee Relations ‘End to End’ – Under the guidance of the Sr Manager be responsible for coaching and advising on all levels of employee engagement and relations including recruiting, performance management, ER issues, retention, policies and procedures and practical resolutions to employee issues reflecting the business culture aware whilst understanding and observing employment law. Help develop capability of line managers.
- Talent Management & Development – Identify training /skills / competency needs within the organisation.
- Manage career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management. With Sr Manager, identify skills shortages and where there is a need to improve.
- Drive Workforce Planning and Performance Management practices in function(s).
- Work in partnership with Customer Experience team on an integrated L&D approach for Retail.
- Workforce Planning & Organisational Restructures –
- Offer advice and guidance to managers where appropriate and ensuring all changes are completed within the agreed time-frame under the guidance and approval from Sr Manager. Responsible for controlling Head-count & Personnel Costs for area and partnering with the business on future workforce needs.
- Compensation & Benefits – Managing and co-ordinating key activities including annual pay review and bonus with full accountability for the accuracy of data. Building comprehensive knowledge of the pay, grade and benefits structure, advising and influencing on increases and producing salary and bonus proposals.
- Driving, managing and co-ordinating Reward and Recognition within client group.
- HR Analytics – Responsible for the accuracy, timely updating and auditing of all core employee data within our HRIS system for client group. Analyze and provide recommendations to the business from HCD Metrics including head-count, turnover, time to fill, etc…
- Develop action plans to address areas of concern. Oversee head-count reporting for accuracy.
- Learn and develop knowledge cross functionally to support fellow HCD BP’s.
- Contributing to cross sector / function projects supporting company’s strategic plan.
- Conduct training as needed to business. Projects – Participating on HCD and Business on projects to support both HCD and the company’s strategic plan. Contributing as a HR expert in all projects, ensuring pro-activity, follow through and delivery to timelines.
What you will need:
- CIPD Qualification or equivalent (or working towards)
- 5 + years in HR (ideally in a matrix environment)
- 3 + years retail experience (depending on client group)
- FMCG/Beauty/ experience preferable
- All round HR Senior Advisor/Generalist/Partnering experience essential
- Have organizational change experience, within a complex matrix, multi-site, retail organisation. Proven ability to influence and provide HR input at a business unit level.
- Willing to be flexible in supporting HCD team members, providing cover for other BP’s as needed and think holistically. Considering impact and consequence beyond own business area
- Business minded and having business acumen and awareness
- Self-motivated, proactive and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to influence at all levels with strong stakeholder management
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise and multi task
- Change leader and change management
- Takes ownership and accountability and drives for results
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 15 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/emea/en/