Location : Londonn130 Shaftesbury AvenuenLondon, nGB
Do you have a passion for brand marketing?
In this role as a Category Manager for the KSD (Kao Salon Division), you will be responsible for building and executing the annual salon channel sales initiative master plan/initiative calendar including NPD, key industry events, brand and awareness building and national programs that support the strategic direction and business objectives of the organization.
Reporting to the Local Channel Strategy & Marketing (CS&M) role and have close collaboration with the Regional Delivery Marketing team, you will ensure Regional Delivery and Global Design guidelines and standards are used in order to deliver global consistency in their local execution in market and be a key contact for the regional toolbox. This role will coordinate the tools and content that are needed to develop go to market trade plans.
What you will do:
- Support the channel planning process, including reporting performance, contributing to objectives and strategies, briefing internal and external stakeholders, setting budgets and recommending the annual sales master plan to deliver sales growth, through to full execution of the plan.
- Execution of the Regional Delivery team’s NPD Toolbox into the local market. Sell-in of NPD to the internal teams and development of communications and activity to enable sales to sell into external partners, implementation of launch plan and materials within the Toolbox, identification and execution of local topspin as required.
- Deliver specific projects/tools that support the local Sales and Education teams. This includes the deployment and implementation of the regionally developed resources/tools that will be implemented by the country.
- Support Annual Sales Conference within the Design teams approved theme and Regional Delivery team’s go-to-market strategy
- Summary NPD and initiative presentations as needed in line with regionally supplied Tool Box
- Support the local CS&M Channel Managers with the regionally aligned brand information
- Analyze and develop a strong understanding of what drives customers and their business needs that lead to opportunities to execute plans that lead to sales growth. These may include:
- The salon retail environment and key drivers and learnings from other industries
- Price positioning of brands
- Salon and business owners/stylists needs and drivers
- Alternative channel – Ecomm and wholesale: specifically focused on driving trial and loyalty
Contribute to building brand image with both salons and consumers. Support the brand image in accordance to the Regional Delivery team’s guidelines and Design team’s global standards.
Support the development of all communication direct to customers in line with the Regional Delivery teams Tool Box, and Communications Manager.
Help to ensure P&L delivery vs budget by managing trade spend and delivering successful trade plans to drive brand sales.
- Align with Regional Team and communicating with local planning and sales to ensure adequate stock levels to meet Professional Product Category NPD and promotional stock requirements.
- Participate and attend meetings, field visits, training programs, functions tradeshows and events as requested.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in the brand marketing, ideally within a Professional Beauty environment
- Luxury, Professional Health and Beauty Experience an advantage
- Influence – Envision and influence the local market teams behind brand activity to deliver commercial plans that result in business growth
- Collaboration & Leveraging Multi-Functional Resources – working across functions within the local market Delivery teams to coordinate efforts and tools to deliver against identified priorities
- Customer strategic alignment/execution – ability to make choices on key projects which will have the highest potential for business return.
- Communication – ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, clear priorities and progress tied to business results in common format across geographies
- Strategic Thinking – ability to analyze, understand core areas of opportunity and develop holistic plans to execute change and bring about improved performance/results
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 15 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/emea/en/