Portfolio Manager, Commercial IT
Location : London
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Portfolio Manager, Commercial IT will support the overall status and delivery of the Commercial IT global project portfolio. This will involve supporting the project and programme governance for the delivery of all solutions and store projects globally, including the annual and in-year prioritisation, reporting status against KPIs.
- Manage the control and governance of the Commercial IT Project Portfolio of solutions and store projects globally
- Collaborate with Regional teams and IT stakeholders to design, document, publish, and socialise a standard project and programme management framework across all programmes and projects
- Define and publish the necessary programme and project management templates and artefacts, including a detailed global Store Project roadmap and Store Technology Standards
- Offer guidance to internal and third party Programme and Project Managers using the published delivery method
- Support a centralised governance approach to ensure that programme and project decisions are made collaboratively, and with the necessary representation from business functions and IT teams
- In partnership with the finance team, collate and report on portfolio financials including initial estimates, budgets and forecasts, and drive process improvements
- Liaise with IT team leads and business functional stakeholders to continuously review the performance of the portfolio and help create reports on progress against KPIs
- Manage the delivery of global hardware refresh projects across stores and corporate locations
- Ability to enthusiastically deliver one-off projects, activities and initiatives of a global nature
- A proven track record of stakeholder management. The individual should have both the tact and ability to converse and when required challenge senior stakeholders globally.
- A track record in working in dynamic and fast paced environments.
- Experience of working in a global team
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to travel
- A broad background in IT across various sectors, ideally with some exposure to retail.
- Extensive of experience IT Portfolio Management or Project Management
5Industry Knowledge: Prince 2 Practitioner, Managing Successful Projects (MSP), or similar
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || COMMERCIAL (REGIONAL) || n/a ||
If this job opportunity is not suitable, then check out the other LGBT friendly jobs across UK!