Location : London - Bishops Square
We are currently recruiting for a Supplier Manager to join our London based Procurement team on a permanent basis.
This role will manage the supplier base for Support functions (including Business Services, Human Resources and Finance) against a strategic plan based upon improving processes and service delivery, providing effective relationship management for both projects and operational management, and ensuring performance of all suppliers is monitored, documented and reviewed. They will minimize supply risks and maximize commercial and technical innovation. In addition, they will ensure suppliers are aligned to the ESG agenda and values of Allen & Overy.
The successful candidate will need to build excellent relationships with departmental managers, internal stakeholders and suppliers in order to develop the supply chain and establish best practices, making a significant and demonstrable contribution to business performance. They will then ensure a consistent approach is taken across functions, adding value and educating key stakeholders in supplier management.
Role and responsibilities
The role holder will have the following responsibilities:
Strategy and Planning
- Responsible for ensuring the Suppliers meet their contracted responsibilities under the contract service schedules.
- Manages key stakeholders and communicates performance to senior and departmental management.
- Manages and maintains ongoing service plans to ensure all regulatory and requirements are met.
- Works with third party suppliers to define, implement and manage demanding performance, cost, risk, income and flexibility targets.
- Creates, maintains and makes readily available Supplier Management budgetary information.
- Keep abreast of industry changes, trends and technological advancements which may support objectives.
- Seeks to ‘partner’ with the suppliers’ manger to deliver the best possible service proactively, but also holds the suppliers accountable for service and project performance.
- Owns, develops, implements and tracks development plans with individual suppliers. Working with appropriate department managers, develop SLAs.
- Validates invoices (or ensures department managers validate) and ensures they are settled in a timely manner, handling any dispute in accordance with the contracts.
- Instigates and drives action plans to remedy poor performance.
Improvement and Change
- Proactively drives a continuous improvement program towards world class customer service.
- Identifies, leads and implements service improvements and benchmarks supplier cost and performance to support service improvements and price reduction.
- Manages and challenges costs to ensure a quality service is delivered at the lowest possible cost without impacting the risk to the business.
- Manages changes against service schedules, ensuring that the modified service continues to meet business requirements.
- Conduct regular service review meetings with suppliers and internal stakeholders to cover performance against service level, service improvement plans, demand management, upcoming changes and projects.
- Manages and maintains a supplier risk profile ensuring all risks are identified, mitigated or accepted by the Supplier.
- Completes annual due diligence of the suppliers including a review of the exit plan, SLA and contract and recommends whether the relationship is continued.
- Ensures satisfactory disaster recovery plans are in place, that regular testing takes place and actions are implemented to strengthen where appropriate on a timely basis.
- Responsible for annual service benchmarking exercise, and auditing the Supplier if necessary as allowed in the contract.
Specific experience required
- Significant supplier management experience at a managerial level.
- Project management skills are essential, with proven experience of balancing technical, commercial and other business issues in a similar environment.
- An excellent problem solver who can build successful partnerships and lead high impact projects
- Ability to understand contractual obligations and their business and technical implications for the organisation.
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.