Paralegal C4 (M&A)
Location : London - Bishops Square
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the London office’s Corporate department at Bishops Square. This role will support both our Governance team and the Corporate Know-how team. The successful candidate will support our two Senior Corporate Assistants with AGM/annual reporting and ongoing governance matters for approximately 30 FTSE clients. This will involve reviewing shareholder documentation, board papers and committee terms of reference and helping with BD plans for clients, including preparing for relationship meetings, and training sessions and events. This role will also provide additional support to the Corporate Know-how team and PSLs.
The successful candidate will be hard working, enthusiastic, and a team player with a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn. The role requires direct contact and involvement with A&O’s Corporate group, therefore excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills are essential along with a high level of professionalism.
The Corporate department focuses on a variety of sectors and legal product areas, and the nature of the work is broadly based, therefore you can expect to be involved in transactions of the highest quality. Much of the work revolves around mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance but there is also a huge variety of corporate and commercial advisory work, as well as areas of specialist regulatory expertise like competition and environmental law. As a result, the department fosters relationships with many clients, including governments, corporations, investment banks, financial institutions and private individuals.
Role and responsibilities
– Supporting on the AGM/annual reporting needs and governance matters
– Assisting with reviewing documentation, board papers and committee terms of reference
– Providing support with updating of articles of association
– Document management including filing, indexing, and data entry, basic drafting and updating extranet documents
– Collating information to assist with drafting/amending standard form precedents, practice notes and training materials
– Carrying out research into technical legal issues and market practice information
– Monitoring developments in relation to UK and EU corporate law
– Assisting with and responding to queries from fee-earners across the firm
– Establishing, updating and/or maintaining the legal content of sector group intranets, extranet and client websites
– Assisting with the preparation of, and writing articles for, the department’s internal legal update newsletters
– Assisting with the administration of know-how system data bases
– General paralegal duties and support
Who we are looking for
– 2:1 law degree or equivalent
– LPC essential
– Prior experience of working as a Paralegal or working within a legal corporate department would be an advantage
– Excellent writing skills
– Strong research and organisational skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
– Hard working, enthusiastic, team player
– High level of initiative and a willingness to learn
– High level of computer literacy
– Proven ability to effectively manage a busy workload and cope under pressure
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.