IT Procurement Manager (6 month contract)
Location : London - Bishops Square
We are currently looking for an experienced IT Procurement Manager to join the firm to cover for a period of absence in the procurement team. The role holder will support the IT function, working closely with the Global Technology Services department to manage business as usual workload and execute category strategy across network & telecoms, hardware, software and managed services. This role is being offered on a 6 month contract.
Role and responsibilities
- Support major sourcing and supply chain initiatives in line with the agreed procurement policy and strategy, aligned primarily to the IT department
- Develop and lead appropriate RFx processes
- Deliver agreed initiatives in line with the category plans and savings targets
- Maintain the contract management database ensuring all contracts are in term or under notice of termination as agreed with stakeholder, to mitigate any financial or service risk. Renew contracts in line with agreed procedures and financial approval limits
- Lead commercial and contract negotiations
- Where necessary work with in-house legal counsel to ensure appropriate agreements are developed that mitigate risk to the firm
- Continually challenge operational requirements and supplier spend, identifying and critiquing cost and contract variations and direct the business towards the preferred suppliers to ensure a high level of compliance is attained.
- Advise on the development of suitable SLAs and KPIs
- Lead key stakeholder communications and presentations to promote procurement strategy as appropriate.
- Where required as part of the category plan, lead the end to end sourcing and contract negotiation process
- Manage any required contract changes
- Extensive experience of IT procurement working at a senior level
- Track record of independently operating in an environment where ambiguity often exists
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly effective negotiator
- A self-starter that can act on their own initiative and actively seeks out new opportunities
- Is able to build excellent working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Very good knowledge of contract law, able to provide clients with advise on terms and conditions
- Project management skills are essential
- Previous experience working in a professional services environment would be advantageous
- Ideally degree educated
- Ideally MCIPS qualified
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.