Location : Liverpool
Salary : Competitive plus benefits
Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a Commercial Manager for our Transmission business based in Liverpool.
The Commercial Manager, will report to the Head of Commercial (Transmission) and will be a key member of our Commercial team who are responsible for pre and post tender commercial activities. This is a challenging senior management role that will focus on securing and delivering contracts nationally in the UK and Ireland in the “Transmission” sector.
The “Transmission” sector is seen as a growth market for Morrison Utility Services and following the tender success with the National Grid EPC Framework and positive feedback on other long term frameworks, Morrison needs to build up its transmission team.
As a Commercial Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Direct management of a team that will include Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Administrators
- Building strong relationships with Client, Supplier and Joint Venture counterparts
- Providing commercial support with bids and contracts to ensure robust pricing, risk management and governance
- To assist and advise the Senior Management Team on commercial influences around Cost and Value reporting and changes
- To ensure all Morrison Utility Services and Client processes are followed to minimise WIP
- Oversee production and presentation of Cost and Value Reports (CVRs)
- To oversee the procurement and management of Sub-contractors, Suppliers and Joint Venture partners
- Develop and implement changes to process, following an understanding of a need to improve performance
- Management of the Early Warning and Compensation Event processes
- Client, Supplier and Joint Venture partner negotiation with regard to additional works, claims or variations to terms and conditions.
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Extensive Commercial Management experience with a knowledge of the Green Energy Sector
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of NEC, ICE & JCT suite of contracts, Performance Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees and Insurances
- Experience working in a Joint Venture or Alliance environment
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- An understanding of all relevant statutory, regulatory and company policies and guidelines
- The ability and desire to identify opportunities for improvement, and influence change
- Knowledge of service delivery within the utilities sector
- Excellent people management skills
- Team player and relationship builder
- Excellent foresight and ability to plan ahead
- BSc in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject
- A full Driving Licence.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Reward Benefit
- Private health care
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card.
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com