Business Development Support
Location : England
Salary : £35000 Per Annum Plus benefits
About The Role
Morrison Utility Service’s water operations is currently looking to recruit a Business Development Support to work across the UK as part of the Business Development team supporting active contract win opportunities, with flexible home/office working.
This is an exciting new role that would suit a candidate who is resourceful and innovative, who loves analysing and is a natural storyteller. You must be able to demonstrate an ability to copy write material and be creative in using various formats to support development of case studies and technical reference material that will illustrate how the business can support clients and thereby promote new business opportunities. Your persuasive writing and creative style married with the use of photography and other media will support our engineering teams and senior management to promote a wide variety of services and their benefits to target clients principally in the water and wastewater sectors.
The material produced by you will include the written word, graphics and illustrations to enable enhancement of our formal pre-qualification and bid documents and also to enable bespoke one to one presentations to be produced at short notice. You will have some support from our group corporate central Marketing Communications team; but your role will be to be an expert within specific part of our company and division to ensure all material is uniquely developed for the needs of our client interactions.
Anything you produce will be supported by technical engineering experts within the business, but your job will be to bring it alive, making it attention-grabbing and professional using a toolbox of presentation formats you have already become expert in, complemented by accurate and robust copywriting skills.
As the Business Development Support your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Interacting with the business to learn about the services being provided and how each client wants it presented. You will discuss what kind of plan is required, the deadlines and how you will present the final copy.
- After gathering all the necessary information, you will create copy that attempts to persuade the target market to use the service and the benefits it brings.
- Working with assorted software programs, visual presentation and word processing
- You will also assist with internet research, maintaining a CRM system and keeping in contact with key internal stakeholders
- Analyse any market data and report from it
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports to support the creative presentation elements
- Help senior management to translate their technical understanding and market knowledge into professional material for use at all levels both internally and externally, being proud of the results
- Enjoy working as part of a team of engineering experts helping clients resolve their problems through unique solutions development
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Market Research or Engineering
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Ability to meet deadlines and accurately fact-check information
- Superb communication skills and an aptitude to effectively extract information
- Good eye for detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Full driving license
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org