Relief Female Waking Night Support Worker
Location : Derby, Derbyshire
Salary : £9.20 per hour
Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day? We are currently looking to add a Relief Female Waking Night Support Worker to our team in Alvaston, Derby.
Our friendly team in Derby provide consistent, person centred support to individuals with a learning disability and mental health support needs. Some of the people we support may also have additional complex physical or other health and social needs.
Relief Waking Night Support Worker Duties:
– Providing personal care and administering medication to service users,
– Helping service and encourage them to engage in a range of exciting social activities and domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.,
– Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users enabling them to participate in their local community, develop independent living skills and achieve their personal goals,
– Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support,
– Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service.
This rewarding role will require flexibility and experience is essential. As a Creative Support Bank Staff member you will have access to our free app which allows you to pick up shifts in any area of the country, provides information on the service and shifts as well as directions.
This service is based in Derby, a 5 minute walk from Alvaston which has a wide selection of shops and transport links to the rest of Derby. There is also onsite parking available.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
– Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
– Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
– Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
– Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
– All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams,
– You will be paid on a weekly basis.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
‘Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010’