Plant Hire HGV Driver
Location : Blantyre
Salary : £10 - £13 Per Annum Competitive Salary plus Salary
About The Role
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions are currently looking to recruit a Plant Hire HGV Driver to work in our depot in Blantyre, Scotland.
As a Plant Hire HGV Driver you will be part of our Plant and Fleet Solutions Division who support our front line operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit for purpose Plant, Vehicles, Accommodation and Equipment for our Scottish Contracts. We currently provide a comprehensive fleet of over 6,500 trucks, vans and cars together with over 17,500 items of general plant and specialist utilities equipment.
We are looking for an experienced and flexible Plant Hire HGV Driver who can drive a 7.5 Tonne vehicle (with a trailer would be advantageous) or 26 Tonne vehicle, delivering and collecting plant, vehicles and equipment across various locations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete and record all daily vehicle checks, ensuring roadworthy at all times
- Receive delivery and collection paperwork, ensuring all items are available to be loaded and checking fleet numbers are correct
- Safe and secure loading and unloading practices, relating to towing and driving plant on to a trailer
- Plan routes and ensure all equipment is delivered safely
- Fully comply with the company's undertakings towards the Operator Licence
Skills & Knowledge
- Full clean HGV licence C1 + E – 7.5 Tonne with trailer or HGV C1
- Valid CPC card & Digital Tachograph
- Safe loading and securing training
- Ideally relevant experience within a Plant Hire company
- Hiab qualification
- CSCS for the safe loading and unloading of plant machinery
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org