Senior Support Worker – Supported Living
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary : Up to £9.70 an hour
Creative Support are looking for an approachable, self-motivated and compassionate Acting Senior Support Worker to join their supportive and forward thinking management team! We would love to hear from someone who has experience managing teams, organising rotas and conducting supervisions and arranging staff training. This would suit someone who is confident and experienced in supporting people with learning disabilities, who is emotionally intelligent and has excellent leadership skills.
We support individuals with a learning disability in our Supported Living Service in Hockley. We enable people to live independently within their own homes, achieving their own goals and aspirations for life. Creative Support also assist people with day to day living duties and promote independence and emotional well-being to service users.
As a Senior Support Worker you will assist the Senior Service Manager and Project Manager in the operational management of high quality supported living and outreach services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of the service users.
The individuals you will be supporting have a wide range of interests from music events, sports to cooking for the whole house. If you have the passion to support someone to attain their goals in life and promote independence and well-being, we would love to hear from you.
Your duties will include:
- Providing practical and emotional support to people with learning disabilities, autism, physical disabilities, mental health and complex health needs, enabling them to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life, to participate in the community and develop their abilities as fully as possible.
- Identifying and accessing opportunities for social inclusion with service users
- Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users
- Supporting and supervising staff, and deploying staff resources effectively to meet the needs of the service
- Assisting the line manager with the day-to-day running of the service
- Ensuring all contract requirements and expectations are fully met and liaising effectively with involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service.
Management experience and working with people with learning disabilities and Autism is essential for this role.
You will be expected to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and nights (to include waking nights or sleep in’s) as per the need of the services.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment that challenges and encourages personal and professional development. Creative Support has obtained Investors in People Silver status and you will receive ongoing training regarding the service user group you work with, managerial qualifications and training regarding changes to the law governing social care.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.