Arrivals & Departures Manager
Location : Birmingham, UK
ABOUT THE ROLE
B2022 are looking for an experienced Arrivals and Departures Manager to take a lead role in the gathering of inbound and outbound travel arrangements for Games Family participants including athletes and team officials, dignitaries and guests, international sporting federations, sponsors, media and broadcast personnel. Role requires planning and delivery of operations at Port(s) of Entry.
- Coordinate planning across multiple service delivery functional areas (FAs) and stakeholders to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained through the Arrivals and Departures phase.
- Plan and deliver Port(s) of Entry operations.
- Manage the planning, development and implementation of an Arrivals and Departures system and process for Games Family participants.
- Develop procedures for gathering travel arrangements including forms, templates, manuals, and related documents.
- Determine arrival/departure information needs of other relevant FAs and client groups, and develop procedures for the dissemination of such information (e.g. Transport, Village Operations, Security, Logistics).
- Liaise as required with Technology to ensure the Arrivals and Departures system is implemented to the required standard.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with FA representatives and Games Family clients.
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven ability to cross functionally integrate planning with key stakeholders in a proactive manner.
- Highly numerate, excellent IT skills, detail-conscious, articulate and well-organised.
- Experience in a similar role within a complex organisation.
- Understanding of the planning and delivery of airline and airport operations.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Direct practical experience of providing technical /operational arrivals and departures expertise in a similar setting.
- Experience working in Transport or Logistics operations for a major event.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the job description.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form.
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.