Location : Berkshire, UK
Salary : £28,137 to £36,684 per annum
Hours Per Week: 35
Location: Chimney Court, Shilling Close, Tilehurst, Berkshire, RG30 4EN
Who we are & what we do:
We are a residential property group and a domiciliary service to the local community with a social purpose. We’re a committed to supporting all our customers to live independently so they can enjoy their homes and neighbourhoods.
Our values and vision underpin all that we do: Deliver; Respond; Innovate; Value Diversity; Enterprise.
About the Job & You:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Care Team within our Extra Care Schemes. Through co-ordination and supervision of a team of Care Workers, you will support the delivery of high quality person centred care to clients living in sheltered accommodation and the wider community in accordance with individual care plans and the A2Dominion Group philosophy of care.
As part of the Care Coordinator team, you will,
– Promote, drive and grow brand new care packages in sheltered accommodation and in the wider community.
– Ensure that contracted hours of care are delivered to the required standard and that all documents, records and electronic systems are updated in accordance with relevant procedures.
– Support the Registered Managers in preparing and responding to inspections and audits by external authorities and other bodies and fulfilling reporting requirements.
– Devise and review care plans and risk assessments for new and existing clients in line with personal budget and individual plans. Ensure clients are fully aware of the care provision, their financial obligations and other relevant policies and procedures.
– Liaise with families, friends and 3rd parties involved in the care of the client to ensure that good communication and co-operation is maintained.
– Monitor and report concerns regarding safeguarding issues, incidents or significant changes in the health and social circumstances of a client in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
– Handle complaints and representations in accordance with A2Dominion’s policies and procedures and undertake any necessary investigations.
– Effectively manage work rotas and time-sheets ensuring staffing levels allow for a responsive service to clients providing adequate cover for absence where necessary.
– Recruit new staff where necessary and support and supervise them in their induction and probationary period in accordance with Group procedures.
– Developing the care provision and services within the wider community.
– Participate in providing out of hour’s on-call within the Care Coordinator team.
– Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Math & English,
– QCF Health & social care level 3 or working towards level 5 or equivalent,
– Knowledge of using computers, incl word, excel and electronic care systems,
– Knowledge of recruitment and staff management,
– Sound knowledge of Safeguarding & CQC regulations,
– Strong leadership & Management of teams,
– Experience of customer services within the care sector.
Rewards & Benefits:
– Group Bonus
– 25 days leave (Rising to 28 after 3 years’ service)
– Flexible benefits – £300 allowance
– Above & Beyond the Call of Duty Awards
– Customer Experience Awards
– Employee Assistance Program
– Eyes tests and Flu vouchers
– Sports & Social Club
– Season Ticket Loan
– Staff Consultative Committee
– Professional Networks, including The National House Federation
– Leadership Development program
– Time off for volunteering
– Match funding for charity work