Lancaster City Council is a district council responsible for providing services and making many important decisions on behalf of local people.
Our responsibilities include:
- Local planning and development control
- Street cleaning
- Household bins and recycling
- Administering council tax and housing benefit locally
- Providing council housing and generally promoting good quality housing provision
- Environmental health and safety
- Promoting economic development and tourism in the area
- Providing parks and leisure facilities
At Lancaster City Council our mission is to put Staff Wellbeing and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do and to ensure that it’s importance is understood, valued and recognised by all. We want Lancaster City Council to be a place where everyone feels they can be themselves, where they feel supported, that they belong and that they have a voice.
We are committed to:
- Growing a culture of continuous learning where staff have the opportunity to lead and expand their own learning in relation to health & wellbeing
- Helping create a support offer for staff to ensure we are able to connect them with support they may want or need for themselves or others. This includes support for physical, mental, emotional, spiritual & financial wellbeing
- Working with staff to ensure we have ongoing conversations and provide safe spaces in order to become a more inclusive employer, where everyone feels they are valued, belong and have their voice heard
- Creating a culture where staff are supported to raise issues and bring about change
- Ensuring we are providing equality of opportunity in both our recruitment practices and our development of staff so as to attract and retain a diverse workforce at LCC
We understand our standard method of application or interview process may not be suitable for applicants with a disability. Therefore, we would encourage you to contact us so that we can arrange an alternative way in which you can apply and/or make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview.